Reign of Chaos

Riptale started in a very odd way since it was a Ludum Dare game. We didn’t have any documentation for it at any point. Mostly we just did what felt right which can make sense in a small project. But as projects get bigger, so does the need for a real design document. Last week we finally got one in a good start.

Collection of enemy sprites

Action game is only as good as its enemies and our team has been cranking them out at a good pace. The sprites are relatively easy to produce while the real problem lies in making the baddies to behave in an interesting fashion. It’s not good enough for the designer to merely know how they should act when that information needs to be conveyed to the programming department in a way that makes sense to them.


Another huge issue since day one has been that we haven’t had a good website up. Sure, in today’s world much of the information about you and your product can be conveyed through social media sites. However, you still need a website. People who hear about you are most likely going to put your name in a Google search field and they expect to come up with something a bit more official than a Twitter feed. Now, we’ve actually got a website under way. Hopefully, it’ll be in a presentable condition sooner than later.

Web design day

Then there’s the matter of GameMaker. It seems that due to unforeseen circumstances we have to rely on it more than anticipated. Perhaps these events will pay off at the end. It’s just that altering your plans always makes matters feel more chaotic.

8 thoughts on “Reign of Chaos

  1. la sua way.On 31 ottobre Charles, rafforzata da Cluny con 400 MacPherson, concentrato a Dalkeith. Sul novembre1, la parte meno rinomata della sua forza, sotto Tullibardine, con gli uomini Atholl, spostato a sud da Peebles andMoffat a Lockerbie, minaccioso Carlisle; mentre il principe, Lord George, e il clan di combattimento hanno marciato toKelso ?? una finta per ingannare Wade. Il corp abiti cerimonia valentino o principale poi mosso da Jedburgh, fino Regola Acqua e giù throughLiddesdale, unendo le mani con Tullibardine il 9 novembre, e bivacco a due miglia di Carlisle. Il pacchetto san valentino 10 gli uomini Atholl andavano a lavorare alle trincee; il giorno 11 l’esercito si mosse sette miglia towardsNewcastle, sperando di discutere Wade a Brampton su terreni collinari. Ma Wade non li gratificare dal arriving.On 13 ° gli uomini Atholl sono stati mantenuti al loro vanga? Lavoro, e Lord

  2. Thanks for this excellent write-up. The information has currently
    aided me with my task where I was stuck and also really did not recognize just what to do as next step.
    Waiting to your following blog posts!

  3. But then and again curiosity gets the better of me. Please note that there is
    a strict dress code for the Grand Palace.
    For many, Bangkok, Thailand is the ultimate travel destination which is a heady blend of traditions and modernity and has something for everyone.

  4. I believe that is among the such a lot important info for me.
    And i am satisfied reading your article. But should remark on some common issues,
    The web site style is wonderful, the articles is in point of
    fact nice : D. Good job, cheers

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *